Under Eye Treatments
Finally. . .
a natural alternative to reducing dark circles and under eye puffiness
secret for under eye treatments for those puffy dark under eye
(Actually, it's her Grandmother's but don't tell anyone.)
you for sharing Bridgette!
is convinced that treatments for the under-eye area sold for exorbitant
even come close to her natural skin care remedy for dark puffy under
Although this is a very simple
recipe that was brought to the United States by Irish immigrants
escaping the potato famine, Bridgette has found it to be extremely
This recipe has certainly been used
for generations in her very Irish family.
the mixture prior to applying it to the under eye area is a key secret
to this natural recipe so be sure not to miss very important this step.
Under Eye Treatments
Potato Under Eye Treatment
- 1/4 cup raw potato, finely grated (or you can use up any left-over cooked mashed potatoes instead)
- 2 thin slices of potato- place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes
- Sprinkle lightly with salt
- Mix in about 1 tablespoon of any dairy product such as milk, cream, yogurt, buttermilk or sour cream until the mixture forms a smooth, creamy paste
Chill for at least one hour.
Smooth mixture evenly over the face paying particular attention to the under-eye area, then place a slice of the raw potato over each eye. Relax while mask sets for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse well with warm water.
potatoes contain an enzyme that helps to diminish dark
Bridgette freezes any leftovers in an ice cube
wraps the potato mixture in a soft piece of cotton and applies to the
under-eye area for 10 minutes each morning to not only diminish the appearance of the
dark circles but to treat her under eye puffiness as well.
Facts about the humble potato:
The use of potatoes as a skin care treatment dates back more than 5000 years. Archaeological archives document that potato slices were used medicinally in Peru as a soothing remedy for skin burn. In some countries, it was also used as soap.
- Polyphenols found in potatoes provide protection against sun damage, reduce tan and promote even skin tone.
- Is an anti-inflammatory providing relief for sunburn and other minor skin irritations
- Rich source of zinc, an essential nutrient for promoting scar healing and soothing inflammation
- Has a high iron content which promotes a healthy complexion and skin tone
- Contains azelaic acid which acts as a natural skin brightening agent, fading scars, blemishes, dark spots, and hyperpigmentation
- Rich in lysine, a quality protein for building and repairing tissues, skin, hair, and fingernails
- Reduces acne inflammation
- Cytokine and azelaic acid aid in reducing pimples and associated inflammation
- Rich in Vitamin C, an essential nutrient for collagen building and reducing premature signs of aging
- Rich in b-vitamins that promote healthy skin and circulation
- Has a high concentration of potassium which works to promote clear skin
- Is a natural source of hyaluronic acid, an excellent anti-aging agent that replenishes skin moisture and keeps skin well hydrated
- The juice of the potato is a natural astringent
- Rich in antioxidants that reduce the appearance of age spots, and scars while promoting even skin tone, softness, and firming
have fun trying some of our other favorite natural skin care recipes or get. . .
Take a peek at other visitor natural skin care recipes and tips.
or, of course, (for those lazy days) you can always supplement your homemade recipes with a few quality natural skin care products.
quick search for all natural organic skin care treatments
Search This Site: