Green Tea Skin Care Products
Green tea in topical skin care products is relatively new to the skin care scene.
BUT. . .
Green tea has rapidly developed a shining, all-star, reputation for its high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Antioxidants work to protect skin cells from free radical
damage, a process that helps cell growth and renewal to promote healthier, younger skin.
Antioxidants are a powerful piece in the anti-aging puzzle.
Antioxidants work to reduce inflammation and limit the damage of free radical activity that accelerates skin aging.
Clinical studies are now showing that green tea is an especially valuable ingredient when it comes to antioxidants for both skin care as well as for its overall health benefits.
Green tea's most powerful attribute is an exceptionally potent antioxidant called EGCG.
(In geek speak, epigallocatechin-3- gallate).
EGCG is a type of plant-based compound called catechin which works to prevent cellular damage caused by free radical activity.
Free radical activity increases with exposure to pollution, sun UV rays, and toxic environmental elements, damaging skin structure.
In clinical trials, EGCG has been studied for its potential in inducing cancer cell death.
Initial studies have also found that green tea fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. That means it is also a potent ally as an active anti-aging ingredient to combat symptoms of premature aging.
Independent clinical trials of green tea's active rejuvenating property, most commonly known as catechins, in topical creams work to fortify skin structure.
The properties of green tea include:
- Antioxidant: Contains EGCG, a powerhouse that supports healthy skin structure.
- Antibacterial agent for treating acne and unclogging pores.
- Anti-inflammatory: Polyphenols (aka catechins, a naturally occurring organic compound) in green tea fights infection, and reduces acne causing bacterial growth to promote calm, clear skin.
- Vitamin B2: Also known as riboflavin, helps to temporarily firm and tighten the skin as well as to maintain collagen levels for healthy skin structure.
- Vitamin B3: Commonly known as niacin lessen the appearance of redness in faces that experience a flush
- Vitamin E supports new skin cell growth and also acts as an intense hydrator for dry or imbalanced skin.
- Caffeine and tannins help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, reducing puffy eyes and dark circles.
The evergreen tea leaves from the Camellia sinensis shrub, are harvested when young and processed to make tea.
Unfortunately, black tea, from the same plant, doesn't have the powerful attributes as green tea since a different fermentation process used for black tea destroys much of the natural properties and potency.
Topical applications of green tea skin care products help to:
- Repair sun damage
- Calm inflammation
- Enhance and brighten skin tone
- Reduce irritation
- Stimulate new cell growth
- Balances skin oils
- Supports skin structure
- Improves skin texture
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Green tea skin care products are a great
choice for all skin types
Nutraceuticals, like green tea preparations, provide a bounty of health and medicinal benefits
three top skin Care Lines that specialize in Green Tea Formulations for topical use:
Don't throw away those tea bags!
Put them in the freezer instead and start making your own Green Tea Skin Care Products!
It's quick, easy and inexpensive.
There are many natural herbal remedies that also work great as part of a comprehensive anti-aging skin care routine to deeply nourish and tighten sagging skin.
Learn how: Natural Skin Care
other Visitor Favorite Topics
All green tea skin care products. . .
Search This Site: