Organic Skin Care
Rejuvenating homemade facial toner recipes
Feed your skin!
Make your own anti-aging skin care toners that use the natural rejuvenating powers that are proven to effectively treat symptoms of aging skin.
Organic skin care ingredients have many rejuvenating properties that
tone, firm, strengthen skin cells, hydrate, reduce pore size, repair
and protect the skin.
Incorporating natural ingredients with anti-aging
properties in facial toner recipes is an excellent strategy for any
organic skin care rejuvenation regimen.
Not only is using an all-natural skin care toner an excellent
opportunity to introduce an anti-aging treatment; facial toners also gently
remove dead skin cells, excess oils, and any remaining impurities left
on the skin after cleansing; all while feeding the skin with a rich rejuvenating mixture of essential nutrients.
Not to mention that toning gives the skin a final cleansing so it will
look bright, healthy and refreshed.
Including a facial toner is an important step in any organic skin care regimen.
A basic anti-aging organic skin care routine starts with a gentle cleansing, toner, followed by an enriched moisturizer suitable for your skin type and finished with a sunscreen product.
The benefits of facial toners include. . .
Toners help hydrate,
condition and restore the skin's natural pH balance while providing essential nutrients that stimulate and accelerate cell renewal to keep the skin healthy and youthful.
Select or customize toner recipes to best suit
your skin type and aging skin concerns.
To produce the best effect apply facial toner to
clean, warm, moist skin.
- Help to stimulate and maximize the ability of moisturizers
to penetrate into the skin allowing the essential properties of
ingredients to absorb quickly.
- Leaves the skin with an invigorated, healthy glow.
In less than five minutes, your mixing bowl and cotton balls will whisk your skin away to
a revitalizing and rejuvenating facial treatment!
and Don't miss this special skinsational treat. . .
The FREE eCourse on starting your own natural skin care routine provides a great foundation for beginning your natural skin care regimen.
Ready to get mixing?
pH Revitalizing Toner
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white wine
- Gently boil herbs with white wine for 10 minutes.
- Allow herbs to cool and steep in the white wine for at least one hour. Drain off herbs and discard.
Rosemary is a natural astringent that stimulates cell renewal, diminishes blemishes and acne outbreaks, in addition to reducing the appearance of broken capillaries.
Many herbs have anti-inflammatory properties while the alpha-hydroxy attributes in wine encourage cell renewal and growth.
Refreshing Rejuvenating Toner
- 1 grapefruit, lemon, lime, or orange- diced (peel and all)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 cup boiling water
- Gently boil for several minutes then let the mixture steep until cool.
- Strain and refrigerate.
The rosemary helps to stimulate cell renewal, diminish blemishes, and improves appearance of spider veins, while the citrus gently exfoliates.
This recipe can also be used in a weekly facial steam.
Skin Restorative Toner
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cucumber- skin and seeds too- puree until smooth, then strain the juice through a piece of cheese cloth or coffee filter
- Mix vinegar and cucumber juice together thoroughly
The vinegar cleanses, shrinks pores, tones and gently exfoliates while the cucumber diminishes brown spots, exfoliates and moisturizes.
Green Tea Toner
- 1 tablespoon powered green tea or 2 green tea bags
- 1/2 cup milk
- Boil green tea in the milk and let steep until cool
Milk gently exfoliates and nourishes the skin. Green tea energizes skin cells, stimulating cell renewal.
*Used green tea bags can also be used when you wash your face for a gentle exfoliating treatment.
Aloe Vera Toner
- 1 small aloe vera leaf- peel and mashed
- 1 teaspoon juice- lemon, orange or lime
- Mix ingredients until they are thoroughly incorporated
Aloe vera has healing properties and hydrates the skin while the citrus, a natural fruit acid rich in antioxidants, gently cleanses and exfoliates.
Soothing, Smoothing Toner
- 1 small cucumber- juice extracted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Mix cucumber juice, mint and milk together well
Cucumber is a gentle, soothing astringent, which helps reduce puffiness and has a slight bleaching action which aids in diminishing freckles and age spots as well as in the exfoliation of dead skin cells while the mint and milk cleanses and gently removes dead skin cells.
Vinegar Re-balancing Toner
- Any pure vinegar such as balsamic, white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 papaya- juiced
- Mix until both ingredients are well incorporated
Vinegar gently cleanses while closing pores and restoring the skin's natural pH balance.
The papaya helps to diminish blemishes and gently exfoliates dead skin cells away. Papaya juice will also help lighten age spots and freckles.
Dry Skin Toner
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 cup finely diced rose petals
- 1/8 cup cooked oatmeal
- Mix together until smooth in food processor
The buttermilk or yogurt, a natural source of lactic acid, gently exfoliates and cleanses while the egg yolk, rose petals and oatmeal moisturize and re-hydrate the skin.
Take a peek at other visitor natural skin care recipes and tips.
Search This Site: