the art of rejuvenating aging skin
The simple secrets for getting the best results from your anti-aging skin care routine.
Which anti-aging rejuvenation skin care strategies are really effective?
Which products actually work?
There are so many different treatments and strategies, but which ones are the most effective?
As a result, we gradually watch the effects of aging take over our former youthful complexion.
What to do?
Now the mirror reveals one aging skin problem after another.
Spider veins that have not only begun to creep over the bridge of the nose but have begun to squiggle across the cheeks. It's rather depressing as the list goes on. (For some of us the list just continues to go on and on and on. . .)!
The more obvious strategies begin with keeping out of the sun or at least using sunscreen each and every day. As most know by now, many of the signs of aging occur as a direct result of damage caused by over exposure to the sun or from those quick trips to the tanning salons.
As most already know, to achieve healthy skin it is important to eat nutritiously, drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrated, not to smoke, and get the recommended eight hours of sleep each night.
these anti-aging rejuvenation strategies can really represent "face saving" lifestyle changes. . .
One of the most important strategies for maximizing the benefits from your skin care regime start with keeping the skin hydrated. This can easily be achieved by drinking the recommended amounts of liquid per day and using a good, hydrating moisturizer.
Simple Secrets for maintaining a lifetime
of young, healthy skin
- Start an anti-aging skin routine earlier rather than later. The mid to late 20's is ideal.
- Protect your skin consistently from the sun and environmental damage. Use sun screening products religiously!
- Now, one of the tricks is not to slather on your moisturizer. More is definitely not better in this case because you will only end up clogging your pores.
- Lightly apply your moisturizer, several times a day, if needed. Most people only need to cleanse their face once a day.
- Cleansing at night is usually preferable. Too much soap and water can dry and irritate the skin. Use a cleanser with emollients, avoiding those with astringents. This is especially true for dry or sensitive skin types.
- Use a light toner to refresh and cleanse the skin in the morning rather than washing your face again. Applying anti-aging rejuvenation skin care products to clean, warm, moist skin allows the ingredients to absorb into the skin more efficiently.
- Even using a warm face cloth that is placed on the skin for a few minutes is helpful prior to toning and moisturizing. Use upward sweeping strokes, from the chin up and outward to the brow area, as you apply the toner and again with the moisturizer.
- Gently tap the surface of your skin after applying the moisturizer to stimulate the cells which will allow the skin to more efficiently absorb the nutrients provided by the moisturizer.
- Select a moisturizer with active anti-aging rejuvenation ingredients that have been clinically proven to be effective. Products to look for include those with a sufficient concentration of vitamin A, (retinol) and an AHA, glycolic acid with between an 8% and 15% concentration.
- Use a microdermabrasion scrub or home treatment once a week to exfoliate away dead skin cells.
You'll then be on your way to achieving more youthful, radiant skin.
For effective anti-aging skin care treatments that will address a range of aging skin concerns a good place to start is choosing different treatments for your morning routine and another for your nighttime routine.
Your "Getting Started" Action Plan
Treatments for Morning Routine
Treatments for nighttime Routine
The Basics: DIY Home Spa Treatments
Other valuable anti-aging rejuvenation weapons include these anti-aging skin care treatments:
Quick Search for all Anti-Aging Rejuvenation Treatments. . .
Search This Site: